Today was a „clean that dumpster to be able to live in” day. I spent about six hours trying to make my room a livable space. I washed floor, walls, got some old furniture, washed duvet, pillows, and I ended up with a reasonable nice space.
Then I cooked a feast for everyone. Domink (the guy who is kind of a head of this squat) bought stuff I told him to, and in about three hours I prepared deep fried subji in yoghurt, pulao, dahl, and apple chutney. I could make it in an hour, but I had only one small stove, and the electricity went down couple of times while I was trying to deep-fry cauliflower and potatoes. There were some sparks and boom, but nothing caught fire. Today I found out that we don’t pay for electricity. We live close to a train station, and somehow we steal energy straight from the electric traction. Don’t ask me how, I haven’t got a clue and I prefer not to think about it.
The feast came out delicious, people were satisfied. Actually there was a reason I decided to cook for everyone. It seems that people in the house aren’t very connected, there is a strange atmosphere, people try to stay away from each other’s sight. I don’t feel like I could really change it, but I thought it wouldn’t hurt to bring some positive vibe to the house. Did it work? Kind of. We talked for a while, joked, but I don’t think it really did much. But I don’t want to go into the local politics, have my own stuff to deal with.
Tomorrow I’m going to see Madhukari and Gopesh! Madhukari wrote me this morning, asking to come over to Gophes’ place, so we could meet. I’m very happy to meet them. I feel that my godbrothers and godsisters are a very rare kind, at least in Europe. It’s nice to find some time to be together.
Afterwards I’m seeing Radhika. She asked me to come to her squat, we can put together a bike for me, then we will do a bhajan, there are some devotees living in her place too. Probably I’ll stay overnight, it would be too far to come back.
Also I might get an interview in the nursery in High Wycombe (near London). I’d love to work in a nursery. I don’t know, it just sounds cool. “Where do you work, man?” “Me? In the kindergarten” I kind of prefer working with kids. Adults can be so boring:)
Time to sleep, I’m so tired. Too many things are happening. Today it’s exactly two months since I saw Saragrahi.
art by Saragrahi
No comments:
Post a Comment